I need a plan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Gators

Reaction score
Hey guys. I need some advice on how to finish up my latest beer. Any input would be greatly appreciated. That being said, here is my situation:

I brewed a Smithwicks clone on the 18th (Monday), and everything went well. The recipe I have calls for dry hopping, my first time, and I am not really sure how long it needs to be done. I really want this beer for the UF vs. Miami game (the problem). I just checked the gravity, and it is done fermenting (FG 1.012) and it tastes great. I know the yeast need some time to clean up after themselves, but I really want this beer by next Sept. 6th. Anyone see how this can be done? I plan on kegging, so carbing will be no big deal. Thanks again for the advice.

Well it will still be young on the 6th so you will notice a difference. The dry hopping will need some days to mellow I would guess so start your dryhopping now and pull it out a few days before you keg it. That would be my flan of action, then again I dont like agressive dryhopping, just a real mellow dry hopping.

Ya I don't want to rush this...I just really need to entertain some people for the game. I have another beer that I am brewing on Monday. It is going to be a blonde. Do you think that I could brew on Monday and still have it ready on the 6th. I know that the blonde is a more simple brew, less time to mellow out.

I have nothing to add as far as advice, but I will be raising quite a few homebrews that day for my beloved Gators. I hope it all works out for you.

Go Gators!

You could dry hop it in the keg yet it will still be quite young on the 6th. As you know it will only be 3 weeks old at that time.

Hmm... you could always cram a pair of jean shorts into the carboy... should make the beer plenty bitter....

Sorry... couldn't resist with football season right around the corner... :off:

Or, be optimistic and save the beer for the SEC Championship! (My UF wife is standing behind me right now....)

Eric

Or, be optimistic and save the beer for the SEC Championship! (My UF wife is standing behind me right now....)

Eric

Sounds like SWMBO is a smart lady...:cross:

Ya I am going to just rush my friends blonde. If it is too green, I guess I will have to throw a pony of Miller or something in the kegerator :(

Latest posts

Back