What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would try Sierra Nevada's barleywine. Dont hate a barleywine because of SA. I just think their beer is not a good interpetation of alot of good beer,just my opinion but speaking of someone who hasnt tried all SA too.But tried hundreds of others .
Im not a big barleywine fan either im just saying let them warm some and try a bunch.

Ha thanks for the info. I definitely wasn't hating barleywine because of this one :) I had looked around for the SN, but haven't found it yet (though I probably haven't looked very hard). I really only grabbed it because it's the first barleywine I found and happened to be at the grocery store.

I tend to let most of my beers warm up a bit, usually I'll only take a sip or two and then let them sit for awhile.

Cheers!

My homebrewed Pumpkin "Saison". It was a Pumpkin Ale kit from Midwest Supply that I chose to use WLP 568 with since my LHBS was out of what I originally needed. Turned out pretty well. Too thin though. That 568 gobbled up everything! Finished at 1.008! I think with a higher SG it would be awesome though.

Just finished one of my homebrews, a recipe from the LHBS for a "Mirror Pond Clone". But I used fresh hops for the last addition. Its far from a real clone, but it was tasty!

Now just poured a Sam Adams Griffin's Bow Barleywine. My first barleywine actually. It's not bad. The hops taste very.. separate.. from the rest.

Was the mirror pond recipe close to this one? https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/mirror-pond-pale-ale-clone-70466/. I haven't had the real thing, but I did this one and it was quite tasty. I'm so sad :( because I just kicked the keg on it.

Belhaven Scottish Ale. Since I have branched out from Miller Lite, I have discovered a whole new world of beer!!!!! Have some Deschuttes Black Butte Porter in the fridge also.

This Belhaven is the first Scottish Ale I have ever tried. Have to say it is pretty good!:D

bricks said:
Belhaven Scottish Ale. Since I have branched out from Miller Lite, I have discovered a whole new world of beer!!!!! Have some Deschuttes Black Butte Porter in the fridge also.

This Belhaven is the first Scottish Ale I have ever tried. Have to say it is pretty good!:D

Belhaven was one of my "gateway" beers. I credit my amazing housemates for being the ones to always keep some belhaven, Newcastle, and Sierra Nevada in the fridge.

A great day cleaning garage with some awesome New Belgium Snow Day!!

ForumRunner_20111203_154755.jpg

a bottle of Stone Levitation that's been cellaring(hidden) for over a year. Its really disappointing in all honesty, its lost so much hop aroma that its just bitter and malty - plus its really over-carbonated even after being chilled pretty low - so much so that its hard to swallow without wanting to burp at the same time.

Benelux, IIPA single hop Nelson sauvin. In Montreal with my wife for our anniversary. :)

staticmap

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-1436166494.jpg

I'm working my way through a bomber of Surly Furious clone that sat on the dry hops for a month too long because I was too busy/lazy to bottle. I'm thinking about moving the rest to the basement to age and, hopefully, mellow.

Hit a couple Pecan Porter's while I was mashing in on my Half-Hearted IPA. An amber ale with pizza for dinner, and just picnic tapped my first ever EdWort's Apfelwein. Dry, but very smooth. Sat in primary for 2 months and straight to keg this aft. It looked great and I just had to taste. Room temp and I am pleased. So clear and bubbly with just an 8psi room-temp feed.

A pale ale that I brewed a couple of years ago I think (might have been one year ago T-day) that had "chunks" in it that wouldn't clear. I ended up just leaving the corny in the fridge....lo and behold, after all this time it's clear and beautiful.

Oude Gueuze Tilquin à l’Ancienne. Tasty and funky enough, but methinks aging a year or two and it'd be fantastic. I'll have to pick up another bottle or two and cellar properly.

I am sitting in our brand new home drinking a nice cold Old Speckled Hen. This is the definition of English Ale.

Drinking a Hobgoblin, and very disappointed, which is contrary to my Hobgoblin from a couple days ago. The difference is, the first one has a date of 2009 on the bottle, and the one I"m drinking now doesn't have a date. I'm guessing the one without a date is new. I read reviews on BA that stated a slight sour/vinegar taste and aroma that baffled my mind when I drank the bottle from 2k9. It makes sense now, because the new one tastes and smells slightly of vinegar. My real disappointment is that I bought 3 more bottles, and two of them are undated, and only one is from 2k9. Guess the cellar is about to inherit two bottles.

On a side note, these bottles came from a gift can, which included an awesome glass. If anyone is interested in a Hobgoblin glass, lemme know, and we can work out a trade or something.

Opening a bottlea blue dog mead, from a new meadery some u of o graduates just opened in my town.

22oz. New Belgium Wet Hop Experiment...good stuff. Next up some Blue Point Rastafarye. Have some friends coming over...going to do a side by side with my RyeIPA and the Rastafarye.

Mikkeller barrell aged chipotle porter-If you like porter's you need this! If you dont like chipoltle you still need it.The chipoltle is very subtle almost unpresent. Seems to give some heat as it warms toward the finish.Im curious as to the hops used it worked well.

Mikkeller hop series Palisades.Orange citrus like hop-to me.Nice bready carmel malty based ipa's.
Also Nosferatu- a great red ale/my favorate style of beer- but redrye ipa= beer heaven.

Back