Vendor Review - CornyKeg.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krrazy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is my first vendor review. I recently (5/31/2011) bought myself a kegging setup as a birthday gift and wanted to do some reviews to go along with the orders.

I went with cornykeg.com for the first part of my order -- 4 pin-lock kegs. This vendor caught my attention with their great price on a four-pack of reconditioned kegs.

The ordering experience was easy through the web page; I quickly found what I needed and added a set of o-rings and some lubricant to the order.

The price was what first caught my attention. Their four pack of reconditioned kegs was $100.95. I did have a bit of sticker shock when I checked out (it was almost $40 to ship to AZ). I decided to go ahead with the order and submitted.

I quickly received a confirmation email and several hours later, a shipping notification via UPS. About six days later the order arrived in a single box left on my doorstep. There wasn't any packing material and the four kegs were tightly packed and did not appear to have taken any damage in shipping.

Upon unpacking them I noticed that the kegs were rather dirty, but I guess that's what you expect with used kegs at this price. I opened them all up and found that all four still had clear liquid inside which I assume was cleaning fluid or water. There was a noticeable musty odor but that may have been coming from the rubber. One of the four kegs was actually still pressurized.

I immediately gave them a good scrubbing all over and they cleaned up fairly well. I haven't disassembled them yet to check the internals but the o-rings and dip tubes all look good from the outside.

I ordered the rest of my kegging setup from Keg Cowboy on the same day and have yet to receive that so look for that review and some additional info when I can actually pressurize and use these things!

I hope this is helpful to those considering this vendor. I would probably order from them again depending on prices from some of the other shops that don't hit you so hard on shipping. See below for a picture of my purchase back in the box after I cleaned them all up.

image-319011052.jpg

Latest posts

Back