White lump floating in the beer bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erkem121

Reaction score
I have been bottle conditioning for a week and figured i would chill one beer for 2 days and try it so I can get a taste for green beer and know what it shouldnt taste like later on.

Anyhow there was a flat white lump (i assumed a yeast colony or something) about 3/4 the size of a dime floating about the middle of the bottle. So after chilling for 24 hrs it still hasnt fallen to the bottom.... I'm going to let it go another day before I open it. Anybody know what it would be, or if it's trouble? I suppose I could try and get a picture of it if it sounds fishy or unfamiliar.

It sounds like you might have sucked up a yeast floaty when you bottled. Alternatively, it could be a chunk of yuck left in the bottle. It's not going to hurt you but depending on how gross it is may decide whether you drink the beer. I suggest you leave the floaty behind. :D

Back