Issues with Wyeast 3333

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhickey

Reaction score
This is my first time using liguid yeast. This yeast is supposed to have high floculation, but it has been 24 hours now, and no movement! Any suggestions on what might be the problem, if any???

Fermentation temp is 69 degrees
Yeast pitched at 77 degrees
I have checked and double checked the bucked
No noticible krausen

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, wait some more. In the mean time, make sure your blowoff tube or airlock is securely sealed - not that co2 is escaping and you don't see it. I've used that strain many times and have not had an issue once.

Don't continue to crack the seal on the bucket; it will take off.

Ok, thanks a lot for the quick replies! I used to dry yeast takin off vigorously right off the bat! The wiley liquid strains!!!

In my experience, liquid yeast takes more time to start then dry yeast. I've had liquid yeast take up to 72 hours to start; dry, about 6 hours, tops. More patience with liquid.

If you make a starter to wake them up, there will be less of a lag time. Also, make sure to oxygenate appropriately... that helps too.

It's a raspberry Heffeweizen from my LBS. It didn't say what temp to pitch, I just have always cooled my wort below 80 degrees and pitched.

Found the Issue:

When I woke up this morning, there was some big beautiful krausen! :ban: So I knew there was some hyper yeast havin fun in that bucket! I am using a new bucket lid on that fermenter. Well, it was time for me to put a different batch into the secondary carboy. After the transfer, I sanitized and swapped the lids on the buckets.
BUBBLES, BUBBLES, AND MORE BUBBLES!!!

:mug:

Thanks to everyone for the help!!!

Latest posts

Back