Hazelnut flavor addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chello

Reaction score
I am currently brewing the Rogue Hazelnut Brown kit from AHBS. It comes with an ounce of liquid hazelnut flavoring that is supposed to be added just before bottling.

Should i just dump into my bottling bucket, or should i boil it with a small amount of water along with my priming sugar then pitch it to the bottling bucket?

Or would there be any advantage/disadvantage of just adding to my secondary or will that negate the hazelnut flavor?

Never done a flavored beer like this so am new to the process.

Thanks

I just did a chocolate hazelnut porter and the recipe I was going off of said to add the hazelnut flavoring to primary. Hopefully that works. ;)

Do you think its safe to just dump in the bottle (ie. sanitary) or should i boil it in a cup of water and dump that?

Once fermented, your beer cares a bit less what's dumped into it. You could put it in with your priming sugar to get things all mixed up nicely, probably be fine.

Chello said:
Do you think its safe to just dump in the bottle (ie. sanitary) or should i boil it in a cup of water and dump that?

Yeah the directions I had said to just pour it in as-is. Good luck!

when i make my chocolate hazelnut porter i just dump the extract in the bottling bucket with the priming sugar solution. boiling is not necessary and may cause flavour loss.

Back