Who has NEVER had an infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done 7 batches of beer and 2 one gal batches of cider. No infections.

not a one. Been brewing for several years now. Even some old bottles that have been around for over a year are fine - if there was even a low-grade infection happening it would have been apparent by then

I don't know haow many, but I would guess 10 or so with no infections! I even get lazy and use a spray bottle w/Star-san to sanitize some of my equipment!

Been brewing on and off for 20+ years now.

124 batches in the last 6-8 years or so (I only started keeping track then). Probably close to 200 batches in my lifetime.

Never had an infection of any sort.

Kal

I know I'm not really allowed in this thread... but just a warning. Some infections are pretty persistant. About a year ago I started getting beers that would go bad a month or more after being kegged, wouldn't go sour.. just would start to really foam and get an off flavor, eventually if left long enough the off flavor would make it undrinkable. All of this to say that it can really throw you off track. I think I've traced mine back to my CFC... even though I run boiling wort through it. This has thrown me off of brewing for about a year now as I've been discouraged throwing away so many batches. So still be careful guys :)

going on 3 years of bliss, no infections.

and I'm lazy.

still have my o.g. autosiphon, bottling bucket..everything from my beginners kit.

clean everything right. and the rest is easy.

6 or so batches in, no infections. But I did sanitize during my first batch with bleach (before reading through most of this forum) and got some seriously band-aid flavored beer. Not really an infection, just gross beer. Considered marketing it as Absolut Band-Aid.

Back