Foster dog needs a forever home (Florida)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezzman

Reaction score
We have been fostering Daisy since June 1st from the county shelter. Due to crowding she was scheduled to be euthanized. The shelter manager confided that she believed Daisy was a good, adoptable dog so we pulled her to save her. The manager was absoultely correct that Daisy is a good girl. She is healthy and spayed.

She is listed as a pit bull mix, around two-years-old. She is a stalky li'l tank at around 45 lbs. She gets along great with my two dogs, and has no interest in our cat. She loves going on walks and does not pull with a flat collar. She knows basic commands such as sit and down. She is playful with my dogs and loves to run. Yet she is content laying at your feet and chewing on a bone or squeaky toy. She loves kisses, belly rubs, and meeting new people.

We had her for two weeks before realizing that she is nervous around small children. Because of this, she needs a responsible home that caters to her(don't all dogs though). My home really is an ideal home for her but if we adopt we will no longer be able to foster needy dogs.

Adoptions are approved through the shelter http://www.brevardanimalservices.com/index.html. We are willing to drive her within at least a 2 hour radius from Titusville for a visit, perhaps more depending on interest.

Recent murmerings within the county state that they may impose a time limit on fostering an animal before forcing a return to the shelter. If this moronic regulation does happen, nearly every foster will be PTS upon arrival (again, due to crowding). I hate the thought of Daisy returning to that place and walking down that long hall to the back room.

Please feel free to call me or post any questions you may have. I will give information as accurately as possible. Anything less would be a complete disservice to this little girl.

Sorry for the long post. Because of her special housing need we've had to expand our circle a bit to save her.

Thank you,
Aaron (pm phone number if desired)
203-daisy-2.jpg

202-daisy.jpg

p.s. These pictures really do not do her justice. I will work on getting a few more to post.

Latest posts

Back