Fermintation time.....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmee

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before so I am sorry, my IPA is still cooking away (a bubble every 5 seconds) going into the 6th day. I was told it would be about 3-5 days but this thing ain't stopping or slowing down. Is this normal or is this an abomination?

Very normal. Especially 5 seconds. Are you going to move it to a secondary vessel next? If yes, typically you'd wait until the krausen falls.

PS - I got a beast right now that has been bubbling every 5 seconds and it's been 3 weeks without the krausen falling :eek:. Still not worried (have a home brew) but am certainly confused...

Those are just general comments.

If 3 days turns into 6 or 10 then so be it.

The fact remains that fermentation is a natural process.

One big factor that could affect the longer time is a lower temp then normal for that yeast.

Just be a little patient. :D

desertBrew said:
Very normal. Especially 5 seconds. Are you going to move it to a secondary vessel next? If yes, typically you'd wait until the krausen falls.

PS - I got a beast right now that has been bubbling every 5 seconds and it's been 3 weeks without the krausen falling :eek:. Still not worried (have a home brew) but am certainly confused...

I had a kreusen for weeks also. I can wait.

In the mean time you can brew another batch. :D

:D that is why I was asking, cause I want to brew the next batch but only have the one primary right now, I have another one on order, but won't be here till monday (wanting to brew on my day off which is sunday). I may have to go and buy another one tomorrow. Was just getting worried, the temp is 71 to 69 degrees so it should be on track....oh well we will see. Thanks for the answers

Back