Err whats going on here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnfoam

Reaction score
i have a batch of beer that has been giving me some trouble. it has carbed up fine before i fridge it takes off. the problem i am haveing is that when i chill it i get chill haze i have read enought to know that give it some time and it will clear up. i finnally had a botle clear and i opened it. the smells are all normal the taste is fine. however i have lost a lot of the carbonation. what can i do to fix this? should i cold chill them till the haze drops out then let them warm back up tp room temps? or did this batch get messed up some how.

Carbonation that is fine for warm beer is too low for cold beer. You don't lose CO2, it just stays dissolved in the cold beer instead of making bubbles.

Take them out of the fridge for a few more days and once they are warmed up, give them all a good shake. That ought to give you some more carbonation, but due to the cold, I don't know whether your extra bit of carbonation will be consistent from bottle to bottle, but it sounds like you're already most of the way there, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Back