Favorite HomeBrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that got away.

It was second attempt at just winging it. Didn't write down any of the ingredients used and it turned out spectacular. I think a little tear went down my cheek as I drank the last one.

I made a great Sweet Stout recipe that everyone that has tried it loves, I will be brewing another batch of it this month. My mouth is watering. :D

My Belgian Wit, of course it is the first one I have brewed and I have yet to brew another so I am a little short on choices! LOL

the first one, just like a kiss, is always the best one....

For me a BB Brown Ale kit that I "improved" with tips from HBT and "How to Brew."

but I'm partial to browns, and theyre about 1/4 -1/3 of all brews I make...

My first batch of Dude's Fat Tire Clone. Making 10 more G's this weekend.

If you don't mind me asking, where can I find that Fat Tire clone? Had this when I visited St. Louis for a wedding and have yet to taste a beer so delicious and refreshing!

-Luacs

The one I am drinking.

Yeah, me too. Or, any IPA especially with simcoe and amarillo hops. Overall, though, the house favorite is my APA. I'm going to make 10 gallons of it next week, because it goes so fast. I only have four beers ready right now, so whichever one I pick to drink is my favorite.

About my 6th batch. I wanted to brew a dry stout, but didn't have quite the right ingredients, so I used what I had and didn't take notes.
It was fantastic, and I tried to replicate it for the next 10 or so brews - without success.

-a.

Man, that's like asking which is my favorite child. Right now, though, I am really on a kick with my Argentine Gold. I just cannot get enough of the stuff, even though I have had to start brewing it with U.S. Hallertauer, instead of the Argentine Cascades.

TL

My Tampa Red Ale - this is the one that everybody asks for when I'm bringing beer. I've made it three times and a fourth is on the way.

Currently it's BierMuncher's OctoberFast. I really liked how it came out...but I think it may have some competition with the Belgian Pale Ale that will be ready in a couple of weeks. I tasted one yesterday at one week in the bottle, and it was delicious. I can't wait for the two week test.

As far as beer I've brewed, Austin Homebrew Session Series Brown Porter. I brewed the all-grain kit, pitched a scoop of harvested WLP002, kegged and force carbed. It was awesome by day 17, but improved further!

I had a Weizenbock at an Austin ZEALOTS meeting that was the best homebrew I've ever tasted. I think it was brewed by Jay McEvers.

What is your favorite home brew?

The only correct answer I can think of here is: Yes.

They're all my favorite. The last one was my favorite, and the next one will definitely be my favorite. But, this one I'm about to drink? Absolute favorite.

Incognito - At least that is what we called it because by the time we finished our ingredient list was incomprehensible and our cognition was minimal thus the name incognito. It was great. It started out as a light but by the time we finished it was the darkest beer we've ever seen let alone brewed. It was great. (Second only to my chocolate which even non beer drinkers love ;)

Always seems that a batch is just starting to really taste good when it runs out. Trying to be a bit more patient but tis not easy until I get the pipeline nice and full.

I quite like my Chamomile-Juniper Witbier and my adaptation of Orfy's Mild. RedIrocZ-28 also makes an awesome Oatmeal stout.

My Tampa Red Ale - this is the one that everybody asks for when I'm bringing beer. I've made it three times and a fourth is on the way.

Hey there I'm from Tampa too!! :mug:

Would you mind passing that recipe along?

Back