Kegging a Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigUgly

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am about to brew a Stout, and I was curious about serving it. I don't have a nitrogen bottle or stout faucet. Is this a necessity for a stout? Can I carb it and serve it with a normal faucet with good results, or should I go ahead and splurge on the nitrogen set-up for the keezer?

You can get a very similar experience using the Perlick 575 faucets. I have a porter on tap right now that I have carbonated lower than my ales on tap (dual body regulator, manifolds, etc. allow me to send two different pressures into the brew fridge and kegs) and send it through the 575SS faucet (I have three of them installed currently). Use the carbonation table to figure out how carbonated you want the brew, and go from there.

How many kegs are you set up for? I would set up the gas system so that you can carbonate to different levels within your keezer/brew fridge. You can also get different faucets for the brew to come out of. I have a pair of the 525SS faucets for the portable kegorator I'm building. When that's not in use, I could move those over to the main brew fridge. Even though the 575 functions the same as the 525, you just have the creamer function added to it (you push back after you pour your glass of homebrew to add head).

Latest posts

Back