Crispin Lansdowne Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuta73

Reaction score
Been trying hard to find a recipe. Won't be long til the new harvest and I have a source for fresh pressed Yakima apples.

I can probably get the yeast from the bottle, though I've seen it advertised. But, I need some more specifics. This stuff is terribly addictive and I'd really like to make a batch...or 10.

Thank you!

No luck here. Saw a post on this even though I had given it up for dead and got excited!

I guess we both be looking...

Yeast can easily be harvested, most people recommend the dregs from at least 4 bottles. Definitely try that to get a similar taste. As for the recipe, check the bottles, company website and possibly email them for any clues! I'm doing the same for an ale at the moment and almost have it down :)

Acuta, I am taking Robs advice. For the Saint at least. I am going to give it a go with some local cider and a wyeast trappist yeast. I have never done this before so who knows but the yeast and cider should do a lot of the trick... They say they smooth with Maple syrup... so if I ferment that dry I'll boost it back up with the syrup...

I'll let you know how it turns out.

I love how hardly anyone ever lets you know how it did turn out. Im just going to assume so terrible they forgot about it, or so good they got memory loss from it....

haha sorry to never post back... My cider turned out great. I was trying to clone the Saint not the Lansdowne...

I did not have to smooth it. I simply fermented with the Wyeast Belgian trappist yeast and let it go. It was not dry at all, it turned out naturally sweet but really good. It wasn't the Saint but it was good

Back