Gelatin in m primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
Ok so for the most part I have been doing the long primary no secondary model. I usually leave my beer in primary for at least a month sometimes longer. This usually causes a good amount of trub to form on the bottom which is good.

However where I store my beer and where I bottle are two different places in my home. In the carrying of the carboy from one place to another no matter how careful alot of the stuff from the bottom gets stirred back up again.

I have read others using gelatin to make the beer clear better/faster. I was wondering if using the gelatin in the primary say within the last week or so would help with stirring up the trub when Im moving the beer.

I've run into the same problem in the past. I always want to be doing something "brewing related" but sometimes there is nothing to do. Now, about a day or so before I'm planning on bottling, I'll carry the primary/secondary upstairs into my kitchen. The 24 hours of sitting is the perfect to allow time for the trub to fall back out of suspension.

Back