No hiss upon opening when bottling from keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wronguy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bottled a few bottles using the we don't need no stinking beer gun method and when I opened the bottles after bottling I didn't get the usual beer hiss I do when I open commercial bottles, just wondering If I am doing something wrong and if anybody else is able to get that great hiss sound and rush of co2 smoke after opening a bottle that was filled from a keg.

Thanks

I use the Bowie bottle filler with my perlick faucets and have no problem with the bottle carbonation after bottling from the keg. I get a loud psssst and co2 smoke.

Hi all,

I just bottled a few bottles using the we don't need no stinking beer gun method and when I opened the bottles after bottling I didn't get the usual beer hiss I do when I open commercial bottles, just wondering If I am doing something wrong and if anybody else is able to get that great hiss sound and rush of co2 smoke after opening a bottle that was filled from a keg.

Thanks

Are you capping on top of foam?

What happens when you actually pour it into a glass and drink it? That's the determining factor on if it's carbed or not, not something superficial as how it sounds.
Is it carbed when you drink it?

What happens when you actually pour it into a glass and drink it? That's the determining factor on if it's carbed or not, not something superficial as how it sounds.
Is it carbed when you drink it?

It is carbed and is really good, I just like the psst sound when opening a brew. It's like my beer is trying to tell me a secret

Back