Quick disconnects not sealing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadabrew

Reaction score
This is the first time this has happened. When I connect my gas line to my ball lock keg after its clicked into place the co2 continues to leak out.

Also it seems the beer is also leaking occasionally on one of them as well.

Not sure why this started happening out of the blue. I have 2 kegs running off 1 regulator using a barbed T to split them.

Appreciate any advice

Thanks

Yooper said:
Did you by any chance take the black QD apart? If you did, there is a tiny o-ring that sometimes gets lost, but it's crucial for the proper operation.

I just checked again and it seems that it's leaking from underneath. When I push down on the QD it stops leaking CO2. And when i let go it leaks again.

Does this mean there is an issue with the seal ?

New post gasket, new dip tube gasket, then maybe the poppet is worn out? But it sounds like an issue with the post seal.

I would replace the QD. There not that expensive. The only other thing that comes to mine would be the post gasket as stated above. You can try a little keg lube between the QD and the post see if that doesn't make a better seal for you.

Yes I completely dismantle all my kegs between each beer. I'm assuming it's a defective QD as I tried my other QD on the same keg and it works fine.

Back