Cheap online source of oxyclean free that isn't out of stock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simtel20

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason both wal-mart and amazon are out of oxiclean versatile free at a reasonable price. Buying from the oxiclean web site drives the price + shipping to about $10/4lb container, while the price at amazon and walmart are more like $7/container. Anyone know if there's anywhere that has this stuff cheap and in stock after shipping?

P.S. I ordered from wal-mart before they went out of stock. The shipment was apparently destroyed by fedex to such a degree that walmart just refunded me the price + a differential for shipping.

Costco (or Sams Club -- I always get them confused) and Walmart both carry it in my area.

Also Amazon. Free shipping FTW

Man, this was so much simpler back when the stuff first came out. They didn't have the "free" version, there was only one version and it didn't have the extra crap in it. Could just pick up a tub of oxiclean and have no doubts it was the right stuff.

That said, if you're using it on glass I can tell you from experience that the scented stuff is ok as long as you rinse thoroughly. I've used it in a pinch on a glass carboy and the next batch I fermented in it came out fine. I did, of course, rinse extra well, but glass won't hold onto the scent. Would probably be ok in stainless, too, but I'd be skittish about using it with plastic.

Costco (or Sams Club -- I always get them confused) and Walmart both carry it in my area.

Also Amazon. Free shipping FTW

Walmart is out of stock online - see my original post.

Amazon is delivering in "4-6 weeks" and for the last 2 months have listed it as out of stock. Their other vendors are listing prices that are more than msrp.

Latest posts

Back