Best replacement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blindguardian

Reaction score
I would like to know what would be the best White Labs liquid yeast replacement for Nottingham dry yeast?

The reason I ask is I ordered some WPL 002 yeast but they were out and they sent me some WPL 007 as a replacement. I have some Nottingham that I was going to replace with the WPL 002 to brew my mild with.

Is the WPL 007 a good choice to use or should I just try to get the WPL 002 or Nottingham or just use another WPL #?

Thanks

Have to agree that WLP 007 and Nottingham would be a closer match than WLP 002. I personally would go for WLP 001 for a liquid sub for Nottingham. Both are a clean, dry fermenting workhorse yeast.

I'm a little puzzled why you'd want to use a liquid yeast rather than Nottingham for a beer that requires a clean fermentation?

david 42,
I have no certain reason why, I just want to use the liquid yeast over the dry yeast.

I guess because I usually have better luck and flavor with the liquid yeasts.

Latest posts

Back