Soon Canada Will Be Overflowing With Better Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray! I can get rid of my carboys, and not spend a fortune.

Oh, and not disrupt my hormonal systems (allegedly).

Poor Canucks. Nanny state knows what is better for them. Of course no one tells them the costs to change will be passsed directly to the consumer.

Whatever they change to will be found to toxic somehow if bottles are consumed by the ton, so they will ban that too and the process starts all over again.

BOHICA Canada.

Shoot Just come to Colorado.
ALL of our Deep Rock Bottles at the office have been #1 HDPET bottles. I get my Apfelwein fermenters for a $6.00 deposit and a 2.50 Carboy cap.:D

KwaiLo said:
Hooray! I can get rid of my carboys, and not spend a fortune.

Oh, and not disrupt my hormonal systems (allegedly).

Well the chemical does actually disrupt your hormonal system, at high enough levels. There is no disputing that, it does mess with you on a cellular level. The big question is about the the concentration you get in your food by storing it in this type of plastic. Some estimates put the level in the plastic at 4,000 times lower than would be required to have even a minimal effect.

EdWort said:
Poor Canucks. Nanny state knows what is better for them. Of course no one tells them the costs to change will be passsed directly to the consumer.

Whatever they change to will be found to toxic somehow if bottles are consumed by the ton, so they will ban that too and the process starts all over again.

BOHICA Canada.
That was pretty snarky, especially for you Ed! :(

I have to admit that this is a strange move by Health Canada, especially given that their are much worse health risks in our society that have much stronger science behind them. But honestly, if the risk is there I don't think any Canadian minds paying a bit more for healthy, drinkable water. Some things are worth paying for, and we can certainly afford it.

FlyGuy said:
Some things are worth paying for, and we can certainly afford it.

But how many of these unfunded mandates will it take before it isn't worth paying for? And how do you stop it when it reaches that point?

Back