What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's quite a bit. For their most recent trip down from Chicago, my parents packed 2-1.75L of vodka, 1-750 crown maple, 1-22oz bottle, 2-16oz cans and 2-12oz bottles of beer. All in one bag. They're crazy.

That is a lot. This was the most I've flown with. Usually 1-3 bottles is all I'm willing to pack. Couldn't pass up those Bombs tho.

What? Really? ;)
My dad got it ridiculously cheap on sale at their local liquor store up there, so he brought them to have down here.

Are your parents snowbirds? Or they didn't trust that you would have vodka for them to drink?

Sure beats talking to idiots on the phone like I usually do. You would be surprised how stupid people that work in Dr's offices are...

I know how hospital staffs are. I used to work in healthcare IT. Time for another beer. I'm going to get wrecked today.

BGBC said:
Are your parents snowbirds? Or they didn't trust that you would have vodka for them to drink?

No, neither. They live in Chicago only because my mom's job was transferred. They still own their house down here and are down here pretty regularly throughout the year. The crown maple was about $8 cheaper up there and they got the 1.75L of vodka for about what a 750mL costs here. The vodka is for the camp house at the deer lease. More bottles than deer are killed up there each season. ;)

Have the afternoon off - work closes to giveus time to run errands! Sly Fox Sly Ride ... winter warmer lager. Decent.

image-3149506473.jpg

Hopefully this will make the mall bearable when I stop there next.

Polishing off the pot of coffee while scaling my barleywine recipe to 6bbl to run some number for the brewery... Almost 700lbs of grain, 30lbs of cane sugar, and 38 total pounds of hops if I stick with the dryhop, 28.5lbs of hops without. :pipe:

Water. Headache. I need a new job.

In beer related news, I really need to stop buying these special releases. My wallet would thank me.

image-532822447.jpg

Cream ale. Getting tomorrow's recipe finalized and taking another stab and making candi syrup since I got drunk instead of going to homebrew shop weds....

image-2751299.jpg

finsfan said:
No I wish I had that around me, would love to try one or six! Drinking a very nice hoppy bitter hipster pale ale while taking my accounting final :D
How is that? I see 6ers of it but never bite!

Latest posts

Back