GE 4.5 CU FT Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one?

You'd have a hard time fitting 2 kegs and a c02 into that fridge from the looks of it and probably even a harder time mounting a tap tower on it. For one thing, most of the mini fridges that only need slight modification, like taking off the door panel are in the 4.9cu.ft. range and up. With a fridge smaller than that you're either going to have to have the gas outside or cut out plastic and foam from the sides, or maybe even both, depending on the layout for two kegs.

For a second thing, it has a "freezer compartment" on the top and while it is possible to bend these back against the back wall of the fridge, but it's sketchy because if you crack or kink the lines...the whole fridge is toast.

Then, assuming you've passed the first two hurdles, you don't really know where the compressor lines are run in this fridge and again...drill through one of those...toast.

More trouble than it's worth IMO.

yes thats the fridge and thanks for the info. I recently ordered all of my kegging supplies and now i just need a kegerator or keezer.

I used this model of GE mini-fridge:

(http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=WMR04BAPBB)

and followed this write up on how to modify it to fit two ball lock corny kegs:

(http://www.randmonline.com/2011/07/kegerator-build/).

I don't think it would fit two pin lock cornies tho. As you can see it's a 4.3cu ft fridge, however, it had to be "severely" modified to fit the kegs, co2, etc. Bending the coolant line present no problems for me, so I wouldn't let that scare you. If you do it, just take your time with the bend and it should go fine.

I got it on craigslist for $50. I would really look into craigslist for a fridge or freezer for your kegerator. That way if you mess it up modifying it, it's no big loss. Good luck and have fun with the project.

Latest posts

Back