The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No cannons. No fireworks. No ice cream. Kind of anticlimactic

On the other hand we're all still here flipping the bird at an early death.
So there's that.

Sadly, I think most of us are too old to die young, as is this thread. Prolly be going on until they unplug the last of us, ;.]

Stoutfest Brunch

Screenshot_20231104-204228.png

Yeah, ground cranberries is a new one on me. Seems unnecessary.
The wife makes "whole berry" sauce in a brisk simmer with sugar, some orange zest, and some Grand Marnier added at the end...

Cheers!

I’m in the ‘boil in sugar water til they pop’ camp but I had to try fermenting some in a honey/orange juice mix. The ones I cut in half are working really nicely, but ones I tried popping like bubblewrap (thumb and forefinger, more painful than building Lego) didn’t really take off until I dumped them all in the blender and gave it some pulses. Not sure in the end which will taste better…
IMG_4183.jpeg

I bloody well couldn't on a good day.

Unfortunately I've been having some less than stellar days lately. I had a terrible chest cold a few weeks ago with a wicked cough and developed severe shortness of breath with any activity at all. (I planted a bush in a corner of the garden and was panting so bad halfway through digging the hole I thought I was going to pass out.)
Did a CT scan the next day and it turns out I have significant and extensive blood clots in all my major pulmonary arteries. Did an US the next day and my veins below my knees are totally clotted up.

43 lab tests , CT scans, ultrasounds and a few specialty consults later and everything is normal. I'm the healthiest MF'er I know (admittedly a bit too well padded). The only finding at all was it seems my chest cold was COVID (despite a negative test).

Not dead yet, if I were going to croak from this I probably would have done so already. But pretty passed off about getting my ass kicked by by this f'ing thing. Meds are working, I can climb the stairs to the bathroom without having to stop and pant halfway up.

Yeager is asking if he can have my brew rig, the A-hole.

How ya doin' Paul? Better I hope! 🤞
All kinds of bugs starting to fly in the Northeast. I'm just hoping we can pull off our family Thanksgiving get together next week...

Cheers!

Anybody else getting sick and tired of the "Let us give you a free home energy audit" calls.

On the plus side, I think it's just all the "Your car's extended warranty has expired" folks switching gears.

Bah Humbug.

My 2017 Durango 7y/100k warranty expires two days after Christmas. So far apparently only whomever owns Stellantis knows, so I've only gotten a couple of mailings and emails to date. I'm sure I'll be red meat to the extended warranty sales world come the new year :oops:

Of course, I c o u l d trade her in...and let that whole thing be someone else's problem...

Cheers!

Yeah, but how much would "upgrade" cost? Driving a durango, so I'm assuming you don't need a glamor car/truck. Understood, vehicles are just appliances, especially these days.

Would you buy another durango?

Never had a new vehicle yet, and as tempting as it might be, I'd be afraid I could not meaningfully work on it, as most systems become dependent on black box parameters outside of my ken. Mechanincing on old machines and not making payments on stuff are two of my sparse strong points, hate to give up any established or perceived advantage.

As it is, we have 7 "cons" plates and 5 "pans" and 3 "trns" registered in yard. Too many; fees, maintenance, inspections,,,etc. But there is always something to drive.

(On reggo (Hey I been to AU) .., in Mass, con is commercial, pan is passenger and trn is of course trailer. )

I apologize if I ramble, am trying to get better at typing w/o looking at keyboard.

Would you buy another durango?

Absolutely! Designed by Mercedes based on their ML350 platform, it handles amazingly well for an SUV, and the "Hemi"(ish) engine makes it scoot hella quick. They really put some effort in - even put the battery behind the front seats for that much better front/rear balance - and it will automagically equalize the suspension when I drop my boat trailer on the hitch. And the interior creature comforts are stellar.

But...like pretty much everything with a motor and wheels these days, it's become quite expensive. To get one outfitted like my '17 R/T would list at almost $59K, roughly $17K more than I paid for the '17. That's highly demotivating, especially as I only have 74,000 miles on mine - it's just broken in! ;)

Cheers!

Well, Happy Prep Day, folks.
Hope TDay goes well for all y'all and all yours'all tomorrow.
I'll be doing the Mass Pike Parking Lot Dance today, but only as far as Woostah to pick up my oldest Balroglet on the commuter rail. And once the BIL + fam arrive, I'll likely be busy. You know, yelling at the nephews to help, starting arguments with Mrs 'Rog; typical stuff.
Happy Gobble Gobble.

Have a good one and don't stress out on the prep, remember, it is only food.

Made cranberry sauce and cooked yams last night, pulled a home grown chicken from freezer & last of garden green beans. I guess I'll make some stuffing and pie as well.

Just me and my allegedly grown daughter here for this one.
Not sure why I bother, the kid will probably take the food to her room & eat while chatting with friend on phone.

Going to brew a batch of pilsner today as well, I guess, & take advantage of the relatively nice weather.

Back