mr.beer or all grain (druck)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually started with mr. beer and now i do all grain thought everyone would get a good laugh!!! Love to see woman doing this!!! check my honey amber post later for a really great recipe!! i tried one last night and all i could taste is honey lol!! i honestly made some good beer with mr. beer!!!

I found that all the beer that I made using Mr. Beer had a common and distinct "tang" to them. I don't know what it was, but it was definitely noticeable in all the recipes.

I thought the best was O'fest!! My favorite!! You want a good laugh, lookup brockettbrews on you tube!!!!

At the end of my Mr.Beer-making career, when I was steeping, maybe boiling hops, had down temp control and pitching rates, it made some damn fine beer. But my first few sucked. They would have been 5 gallons of suck if it wasn't for Mr. Beer.

This is certainly one of the funniest thread titles I've ever seen. It's like "Roller skates or Formula 1 car?"

just want to make everyone laugh, but i agree mr. beer was a good place to start. My first mr. beer, i thought i could just dump the priming sugar(cane sugar) in the fermanter. I open the last bottle i bottled it went everywhere!!! LOL!!! After that I got corn sugar and put it in the bottle lol!!!

im really mad no one is giving me recipes for clones of gensee cream ale or old german!!! come on i want to make some old school brews!!!! All they responded to was my colt 45 clone!! come on!!!

Well it started as which is better mr.beer or all grain??? I was joking and everyone just started talking about mr.beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

im really mad no one is giving me recipes for clones of gensee cream ale or old german!!! come on i want to make some old school brews!!!! All they responded to was my colt 45 clone!! come on!!!

I just meant that I like to see woman in homebrewing!!!

If you really want a thrill, check out my cream ale recipe. It's very much like Genessee Cream Ale, which was my inspiration.

I won't comment on the "woman in homebrewing" because that's such an insult. I doubt the mashtun cares about the gender of the brewer.

You do know you can do an all grain in a mr.beer,right? It would be very easy to do and cheaper,those kits are pricey for what you get compared to base malt.Just buy crushed grains and a brew bag/hops/good yeast and find out how to do BIAB using a recipe base. I guess you have to scale down recipes also thats easy math basically. The boil volume may throw you off at first but just use half-1gallon more maybe in the boil and top off if you have to.Its pretty easy but you can ease your way into it with extract/steeping at first.It is just a easy step from that after learning some things by reading/researching about it.

I actually just bottled a batch of all grain that I fermented in my Mr Beer Keg. I do it quite often, it's a perfect little fermenter for small batch brewing.

419600_10150589681774067_620469066_9072987_1020430582_n.jpg

419231_10150589686214067_620469066_9073010_1101646844_n.jpg

Lots of folks use them for making apfelwein or meads in.

Maybe I shouldn't be reading this thread sober because I'm lost as to the whole intent. Oh well, on to the next one.

Maybe I shouldn't be reading this thread sober because I'm lost as to the whole intent. Oh well, on to the next one.

The OP was trying to be a troll and bash MR beer, but folks didn't bite, because many folks got started with them, AND don't bash it because it's a lead in to the hobby, THEN he insulted women, not realizing that there are quite a few members of our community who are homebrewers, INCLUDING one of the mods on here.

So I think he pretty much struck out on this one.

Bashing of any type, extract bashing, mr beer bashing, even bmc bashing tends to go over like a lead balloon on here, most of us are pretty mature and don't see the point in picking on things. People brew what they brew, drink what they want to drink, and you know, be women, and it's all pretty ok with most of us. Especially if they want to be women....we like women to be women. :)

The OP was trying to be a troll and bash MR beer, but folks didn't bite, because many folks got started with them, AND don't bash it because it's a lead in to the hobby, THEN he insulted women, not realizing that there are quite a few members of our community who are homebrewers, INCLUDING one of the mods on here.

So I think he pretty much struck out on this one.

Bashing of any type, extract bashing, mr beer bashing, even bmc bashing tends to go over like a lead balloon on here, most of us are pretty mature and don't see the point in picking on things. People brew what they brew, drink what they want to drink, and you know, be women, and it's all pretty ok with most of us.

But those of us who are men, its ok for us to stay men tho, right?:confused:

JK. Nice post.

That being said, i would still like to try a mr.beer recipe kit but probably wont because of its priceyness, maybe.Since alot seem very low abv i think it would be good for the 1.6 gallon i do giving it more abv.

That being said, i would still like to try a mr.beer recipe kit but probably wont because of its priceyness, maybe.Since alot seem very low abv i think it would be good for the 1.6 gallon i do.

A lot of folks post on here that Bed Bath And Beyond has them on sale often. It's something good to know if you are making starters and can't get to a LHBS for whatever reason (like they're closed) you can get the refill packs and use that extract.

Yooper said:
I won't comment on the "woman in homebrewing" because that's such an insult. I doubt the mashtun cares about the gender of the brewer.

Shiite. My next batch, second all grain, is yoopers house pale ale. I can't believe I've been trying to learn from a woman. LOL

A lot of folks post on here that Bed Bath And Beyond has them on sale often. It's something good to know if you are making starters and can't get to a LHBS for whatever reason (like they're closed) you can get the refill packs and use that extract.

REally,huh. Ive never noticed them there,i love looking for brewing stuff and whatever else here and there sometimes.Its probably hit or miss.Sometimes i run into some interesting ideas or good beer glasses. Ive only seen a full kit randomly at a few hardware stores around Christmas.

call me lost or even drunk but I couldn't figure out what was an insult to women?? Looks like mindless rambling to me :confused:

People can get rubbed the wrong way or misinterperet words maybe not intended the way wrote,written whatever.People get frustrated with bad spelling,grammer- they will get over it or maybe stew about it for a while.I can see how it could seem offensive but i dont think it was intended to be demeaning or offensive.My observation is the majority of people seems to be male.That being said i think it is women who origionally brewed beer? I could be wrong about that.I believe the majority of women dont know there is this good beer out here that stick to what they know if they gave it a chance also, along with the male light beer drinkers.Now im getting myself in trouble..
And i still need to brew Yoopers House Pale Ale and probably a few others.

That being said, i would still like to try a mr.beer recipe kit but probably wont because of its priceyness, maybe.Since alot seem very low abv i think it would be good for the 1.6 gallon i do giving it more abv.

Watch woot. For 25 shipped they often have the deluxe kit. Includes the cool little fermenter, 1west coast pale ale kit, and 8 1 liter pet bottles, pretty good deal.

Watch woot. For 25 shipped they often have the deluxe kit. Includes the cool little fermenter, 1west coast pale ale kit, and 8 1 liter pet bottles, pretty good deal.

Oh,i have fermenter,bottles,dont need those just the ingredients bad deal for that. Ill take a west coast pale ale kit for 10 bucks but i could brew that up conjuriing up something without spendind 2X as much.I think.

i actually thought about doing some small batches in my mr beer kegs. i would rather throw out 2 gallons then 5. I didnt mean to bash women. Im actually very happy that woman do homebrewing!! It seems like all the woman i know dont drink beer. I would love to find a woman that did homebrewing.

Back