Kegs in West Michigan $22 good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking around for a good deal on kegs and calls Siciliano's Market in Grand Rapids area (awesum place for HB!!). They say kegs are $22, but no work has been done to them. I'm assuming this means I clean them inside and out, and replace seals too. Is this a good deal? I can save $ on shipping by picking up in person, and I will likely buy ingredients there anyway.

It sounds like a good deal, depending upon the condition that they're in and how much time and effort you would have to put into making them usable.

That's fairly good, since you can pick them up. Just make certain they can hold pressure, as parts get to be expensive.

Have them demonstrate that they hold pressure and jump on it! You can buy an o-ring replacement kit for a couple bucks.

Well, he said I'd have to clean them, and when I asked about pressure testing, or guarantee, he said they sell seals to replace the ones that come in them... Duh...

Basically, they get kegs from somewhere, and offer them to sell without really doing anything. The plus side is: I can pick the one I want, and I dont' pay shipping (just gas, which I'd already spend anyway, since I'd buy them on a trip to the store (1.5 hours away)).

Also, It's an awesum supply store, and they have a huge selection of beers too. I am just not sure what the odds of getting a leaking keg is.

Back