First Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNVince

Reaction score
So here is my first label that I created with GIMP for a Hefeweizen I will be brewing today:

tapout.jpg

I figured I will be drinking the majority of the beers I brew with my friends so I will give them each their own distinct beer.

So here is the back story about Tap-Out. My friend, who is pictured on the label, is a former marine. One night a bunch of us were drinking at another friends uncles house and somehow the conversation got in to choke holds they taught the marines. My marine friend decided to demonstrate on his girlfriend just to show us. Well, apparently his grip was tighter then he thought because when he let her go she went completely limp and fell to the floor. My friend was seriously upset and we were all looking at him like "Wow what the hell did you do?". The only thing he kept saying was "She didn't tap out! She should have tapped out!".

To this day we still get a kick out of that story.

Thats hilarious! It's a great idea for a label and I'm sure your friends will love it.

......:drunk: Thats one of those inside joke type stories that you and your friends all get but when you tell in public everyone stares at you like you're some kind of @ss. I've told more than my fair share of'em. haha poor guy, he probably felt ridiculously awful. I've got a labeling noob question, do many of you just use normal computer paper for you labels? Was this designed off of some labeling software or something like publisher? I'm trying to get more friends into my brewing hobby, I like the idea of making them their own personalized stuff like you are. Good luck with the future brews!

david_the_greek said:
I've got a labeling noob question, do many of you just use normal computer paper for you labels? Was this designed off of some labeling software or something like publisher? I'm trying to get more friends into my brewing hobby, I like the idea of making them their own personalized stuff like you are. Good luck with the future brews!

I used Gimp:

http://www.gimp.org/

It's free and pretty powerful.

Back