Good deal on 3 gallon kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching this guy for at least three weeks now. Most of his auctions end at around $200 (with shipping), and for that price I'd just as soon get new ones from morebeer.com. But who knows maybe after waiting long enough there will be less interested bidders.

Flyin' Lion said:
I've been watching this guy for at least three weeks now. Most of his auctions end at around $200 (with shipping), and for that price I'd just as soon get new ones from morebeer.com. But who knows maybe after waiting long enough there will be less interested bidders.
These kegs are becoming quite rare and difficult to find in usable condition. Two of these old, 3 gallon, single handle, ball lock kegs in usable condition for $200 shipped is not a bad deal. IMHO.

That may seem like a lot, but not if you really need one that small for whatever reason. FWIW, the small, new kegs from MoreBeer are 2.5 gallons not 3, but they have not been available since mid August. MoreBeer says that they are waiting for them to arrive from overseas and the earliest that they are expected is sometime in October.

John

wild said:
If you don't mind pin-locks, ebay has 2 for $75 + $15 for shipping.

Wild.

Can pin lock kegs be converted to ball lock? I didn't know if the posts could be changed out or not.

I'm sure that these will wind up going for well more than $75 though.

Flyin' Lion said:
Can pin lock kegs be converted to ball lock? I didn't know it the posts could be changed out or not.

I'm sure that these will wind up going for well more than $75 though.

Nope- can't be done.......

Dude said:
Man! I might put one of mine on ebay and more than triple what I paid for it!

Don't do that- I'll buy one from you- I've been watching for them but I'm not spending that kind of money...........

Flyin' Lion said:
Can pin lock kegs be converted to ball lock? I didn't know if the posts could be changed out or not.

Yes. See this link for conversion parts or see your LHBS.

Good luck,
Wild

ian said:
Dude, how much did you get yours for? and how long ago?

I got an awesome deal on 2 3 gallon pinlocks a while back on e-bay. 2 for 70 bucks. I also have a 3 gallon ball lock keg, but it isn't in the greatest of shape. I am always looking for more too, because I can only fit one 5 gallon and one 3 gallon in my kegerator.

ablrbrau said:
Don't do that- I'll buy one from you- I've been watching for them but I'm not spending that kind of money...........

I was kidding...I need mine too. Sorry! ;)

Latest posts

Back