APA Recipe, feedback appreciated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanuswalrus

Reaction score
Just looking for a little feedback on a grainbill I'm working on. Brewing it this weekend to enter into a competition in late July. 3 gallon batch:

6.5 lbs Pale 2-row (85%)
.5 lbs Golden Naked Oats (6.5%)
.25 lbs Crystal 30 (3.3%)
.15 lbs Carapils (2%)

.25 lbs Table Sugar (3.3%) to dry it out a bit.

Gonna add a healthy dose of hops at the end of the boil as well. WY1450 for the yeast.

I think that looks pretty great. Most recipe critique request are always full of like 30% crystal and its a mess. Whats your mash and hop schedule look like?

Low mash temp, 149-150. And a similar hop schedule as my Black IPA we were just discussing. Small FWH addition, then a large flameout addition followed by large hop stand. This time I'm bittering with Chinook, and the flavor/aroma hops I still haven't quite decided on. I'm thinking Simcoe/Citra or Simcoe/Amarillo

Low mash temp, 149-150. And a similar hop schedule as my Black IPA we were just discussing. Small FWH addition, then a large flameout addition followed by large hop stand. This time I'm bittering with Chinook, and the flavor/aroma hops I still haven't quite decided on. I'm thinking Simcoe/Citra or Simcoe/Amarillo

Looks great to me. I'd go with either hop combo. Making me thirsty, is it 5 o'clock yet??

Brewed this up yesterday. Ended up going with Simcoe/Citra/Motueka at flameout and Simcoe/Citra/Waimea for the hop stand. Smelled awesome in my apartment yesterday. Can't wait to see how these NZ hops play with the American hops

Tried a bottle of this yesterday and it's delicious. Beautiful golden color. Tropical hop bomb, dry hopped w/ 1oz Motueka. Loving these NZ hops. Very pleased with this beer

Latest posts

Back