Homebrew Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elahrairah

Reaction score
I am not having much luck finding homebrew stores. I can find everything online, but the nearest one to me is Northridge, CA

I live in north Orange County, CA.

Please tell me where there is a good store nearby.

Thanks.

Wow, quick responses! That's true support!

Thanks a lot. I will make sure to hit up all of these places.

The Bruery has very reasonable prices compared to the other places around OC and you can grab a beer at their tasting room on weekends (WIN WIN!)

I can totally relate, it was a hell of a time for me to find the nearest homebrew store for me to frequent.

If you have an hour or so on a Saturday morning take a ride out the 91 to Riverside. One exit past the 60 offramp to Indio is Columbia Ave, get off there and make a left.
MoreBeer is about a half mile from the exit on the right. If they are still doing all that construction you may have to come in off of Blain. Stein Fillers is ok, not much selection, they keep pot heads hours and their employees mostly act like you are bothering them or they are too high to care. MoreBeer on the other hand seems to be pretty darn customer friendly and you will usually find a satisfaction survey waiting in your email when you get home.
AP
AP

Looks like The Bruery is more of a microbrew house, yes they sell equipment, but online. Can you go to thier location to buy kegs, sanitizer, etc?

Yes, Bruery Provisions sells all the stuff you mentioned (kegs, starsan, etc.). The online store is just getting up and running, but the physical store is fully stocked. They carry many different types of White Labs yeast, with just a few selections from Wyeast (such as 3068). They only have a few kits so far, but I've been told more are on the way. I currently have their IPA in primary and it ran me $35 (for the DME kit). I did a little price comparison and they seem pretty fair.

If you were buying in bulk or big ticket items it might be cheaper to order out of state to avoid taxes.

I had been ordering from Midwest and Northern Brewer, but the shipping costs add up.

Looks like The Bruery is more of a microbrew house, yes they sell equipment, but online. Can you go to their location to buy kegs, sanitizer, etc?

I was at the homebrew store this afternoon. First time there and I was in and out rather quickly. Not as well stocked as Stein Fillers but I found what I needed.

Steinfillers in Long Beach is probably pretty close to you. It's on the border of Lakewood and luckily for me a 5 minute drive away. It's right by Long Beach City College on Carson/Lakewood Blvd. Keep in mind that they are closed Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks guys! I am just getting started, but on my 2nd batch I already tired of bottling. So right now I am looking for cheap keg equipment I don't have to pay shipping for (and a kegerator). Once I have all that, I will start batch 3, then once I prove I have that down, then I will start playing with grains, etc...so it's equipment #1 on my list.

Back