I need hop help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewishowardm3

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm doing a batch using all the leftover stuff I have left. I want to do a pale ale. My grains are Maris otter and crystal 120L.

I'm only doing a 3 gal batch. I have 1oz each of chinook and fuggles and 2oz of citra.
Could anyone help me with a good hop schedule with these hops? I'm still learning the hop varieties. Cheers

If you are doing an American Pale Ale, use the Chinook and Citra. I would bitter with Chinook and Flavor/Aroma with Citra.

If doing an English Pale (ESB) I would bitter with Chinook use Fuggles at about 5 min.

TimBrewz said:
If you are doing an American Pale Ale, use the Chinook and Citra. I would bitter with Chinook and Flavor/Aroma with Citra.

If doing an English Pale (ESB) I would bitter with Chinook use Fuggles at about 5 min.

Thanks for the help. I think I'll save the fuggles and go with the chinook and citra :)

Latest posts

Back