2 extra 15.5 kegs. What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnapierala

Reaction score
I have a step father in law who works at a scrap yard and i recently aquired two full size kegs. Im fairly new to home brewing and am not ready to do all grain yet (maybe someday if i have more time). Should i save these or maybe someone wants to trade for some cornie kegs or something.

Any ideas? I guess i was thinking about saving at least one for a brewpot since i only have a 22qt right now. It would be nice to do full boils or possibly double batches sometime. Just brainstorming...

They're pricey to ship around (about $35) but I'd hold on to them for a while. If you really do switch to AG ever you'd kick yourself in the arse for getting rid of them. I have three though, so someone else may talk you into something ;).

desertBrew said:
They're pricey to ship around (about $35) but I'd hold on to them for a while. If you really do switch to AG ever you'd kick yourself in the arse for getting rid of them. I have three though, so someone else may talk you into something ;).

We dont have much space for storage but i dont want to get rid of them because like you said you never know. I need to meet some locals that do all grain and see the process/ outcome to decide. For now its just pretty exciting to be able to experiment with recipies and learn about the process.

Thanks,

Chris

evetS said:
At least make the brew kettle. You'll never find a cheaper kettle for full boils.

I have been doing some searching on the topic. Anyone have any good links though?

Latest posts

Back