Impossible Peanut butter Cookies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin4

Reaction score
So last night I get hungry, go rummaging, find nothing.

So I bring in the google, find a recipe program, and next thing I know I'm making impossible peanutbutter cookies.

1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Peanut butter
1 Large Egg

Cream the mixture. It cannot be crumbly or it will not work.

Drop cookies on sheet, bake at 350 for 9 minutes.

Do not cook longer than 9 minutes. They will continue to cook after taking them from the oven.

I would post pics, but when I woke up this morning they were gone. Recipe makes about 18 1" cookies.

Cookies without flour?

That's impossible!

LOL. I've not had good experiences with recipes online, so I'm always keen on the reviews.

I also spent a decade in kitchens and cooking commercially, so when I read this my cook logic said "This ain't right" but with limited resources and not wanting to go to the store I tried it.

They are awesome.

This is now my peanutbutter cookie recipe.

LOL. I've not had good experiences with recipes online, so I'm always keen on the reviews.

I also spent a decade in kitchens and cooking commercially, so when I read this my cook logic said "This ain't right" but with limited resources and not wanting to go to the store I tried it.

They are awesome.

This is now my peanutbutter cookie recipe.

I feel as though I'm about to be made the brunt of some joke, but I'll try this soon. Maybe the kid and I can whip (or cream) some of these up later tonight. She's having a friend over.

My recipe is close:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (1/2 of 12 oz bag) semisweet choc chips

I feel as though I'm about to be made the brunt of some joke, but I'll try this soon. Maybe the kid and I can whip (or cream) some of these up later tonight. She's having a friend over.

You have to cream them or it won't work.

I also hand rolled them into one inch balls and pressed them before I put them on the cookies and crisscrossed them with a fork.

My recipe is close:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (1/2 of 12 oz bag) semisweet choc chips

Are they super sweet?

You have to cream them or it won't work.

I also hand rolled them into one inch balls and pressed them before I put them on the cookies and crisscrossed them with a fork.

And then I ate every. single. last. one.

Like some kind of animal.

ftfy

Sounds good. There's a lot of traditionally fluffy-floury things that do really well with it omitted and more dense. A staple go-to for me is pancakes that are just egg & banana.

That was my "staple" recipe when my kids were little, and they'd say, "Hey, mom, I need 3 dozen cookies tomorrow" as they headed off to bed for the night.

My "standard" varied between two:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

or

1 cup peanut better
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg.

Roll into balls, and smoosh with a fork. It's best done on a Pampered Chef stone, so they stay soft and moist but cook through.

I personally swear by my three-ingredient PB cookies, if Bisquick can be considered one ingredient:

Bisquick
Peanut Butter
Sweetened Condensed Milk

Easy to mix up, bakes quickly, and you either roll them into balls & flatten with a fork like everyone else, or leave them into balls, bake them, and then press a Hershey's Kiss into the middle as soon as they come out of the oven.

:ban:

*EDIT* - I do add a little bit of vanilla extract as my personal "secret ingredient" but the cookies are fine without it.

These can be made sugarfree as well - substitute granular Splenda for the sugar. Because the Splenda doesn't add bulk like sugar does, I also then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup blanched almond flour. And a teaspoon of vanilla, because vanilla just belongs in baked goods! :D

From the depths of my diet, I curse at thee, foul tempters!

Now, where did I put the peanut butter?!

Back