Hello from Iraq

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I live in Madison, WI but am currently deployed to Iraq. I got into homebrewing through an army buddy and started in June 2008. I brewed a pale ale in January before I left and it should be ready for me when I get back.

I'm eager to read up on some tips and tricks that I can use when I get home.

Welcome! Brother is currently serving in Afghanistan with the Army Airborne right now. Give you guys a lot of props... At least you know that your beer will be ready and waiting for you when you get home! Good luck and stay safe!

where you at man? i'm in this wonderful **** hole til spring of next year. currently i'm in caldwell, heading back to taji in about a week or so. :mug:

Just got back from Al Asad. Hang in there. The days are long but the weeks seem to go by a little quicker. I kept busy reading about 50 back issues of BYO.

Welcome to HBT from Balad. Another member, Cheeto and I are here for a couple more months. You're just in time for the warm weather. :ban:

Welcome to HBT from Balad. Another member, Cheeto and I are here for a couple more months. You're just in time for the warm weather. :ban:

gotta love these days when you're working, that stupid hot breeze is blowing(like a full body hair dryer) and you can't even grip a wrench because you're sweating so much. is my 12 months over yet? :drunk:

Welcome to Home Brew Talk. Also, thank you. It's because of people like yourself that the rest of us can be safe at home celebrating Memorial Day. Hopefully everyone takes a few moments while bbqing to remember what it's all about - honoring the men & women that make this country what it is.

Once again - THANK YOU!

Welcome to the board and thanks for serving. Hopefully this will be the last Iraq rotation for our troops.

You did leave the beer in the basement?

To quote I-Hop:
Welcome to Home Brew Talk. Also, thank you. It's because of people like yourself that the rest of us can be safe at home celebrating Memorial Day. Hopefully everyone takes a few moments while bbqing to remember what it's all about - honoring the men & women that make this country what it is.

I couldn't have said it better. Luck - Dwain

Hey, where are you at over here? Cheeto and I's unit do mostly convoy protection patrols and get around if you want to get together for a (near) beer. I brought most of my brewing library with me.

gotta love these days when you're working, that stupid hot breeze is blowing(like a full body hair dryer) and you can't even grip a wrench because you're sweating so much. is my 12 months over yet? :drunk:

I love it when it gets so hot, you can't take the tankers bar off the side of wrecker witout losing the skin off your hand. Digital thermometer said 126* yesterday at the shop.

Once again - THANK YOU!

+10000000. Couldn't have said it better myself. My BIL is stationed in Iraq right now also. Safe return to all our troops.:mug:

Thanks for what you do, brother! I hope your pale ale finds you hale and hearty upon your return!

I live in Madison, WI but am currently deployed to Iraq. I got into homebrewing through an army buddy and started in June 2008. I brewed a pale ale in January before I left and it should be ready for me when I get back.

I'm eager to read up on some tips and tricks that I can use when I get home.

I just got back from Iraq a few months back. I was at Al Asad. Good luck and thanks for your service. I bet your pal ale has aged perfectly!!!!

Latest posts

Back