What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and having Earl Grey tea while watching Lions local live show broadcasting from the game trying to get the word if Megatron is in or not

Forgot to pay 2nd mortgage Friday,so I just made a run for the deposit box at the bank. Jusr saved $35. Had a slug of grape flavored water when I got home. Beer a bit later.

I wish they had something for the arthritis in my feet & edge of my left hand. Feet throb 24/7 & left pinky & finger about half numb.

I would understand that if it wasn't for the fact that I have an issue with the app every day of the month.
BTW, how was Karbachtoberfest? How was the food?

It was a lot of fun. It has a lot more going on than southern stars. The food was ok. I didnt get a plate till the very end and they were out of a few things.

image-2394085888.jpg

No if I drink I deal with the pain I'm prei sure one beer Plus one pill = drooling on self :eek: more coffee and I feel happy happy happy now

Yeah, with the average alcohol content of the beer you drink 1 pill and a beer you'd probably be black out. Crazy stuff.

FermentNEthinG said:
These Oerbier's better be good Gabe!
I'm sure they are awful. I believe you have my address.

They take at least a couple years to develop lacto and really hit the zone.

allenH said:
Is that a Saint Somewhere? Looks like a Lecto Divina or Pays Du Soleil

Yessir, it is a Pays Du Soleil. I thought I would try it out since it calls to me every time I wander into that store.

Drinking a bunch of these the last few days as well. Tastes great with this heat we have been enjoying the last week.

image-3290419533.jpg

Channel66 said:
Those will be good now, but age a few as well. Gabe knows the sweet spot better than I though
That's what she said. :D

I think there is so much batch variance there isn't a definite age to shoot for. 2012s I have need some time. The probably 2009s are money. Might toast Pierre Thomas with one when I get home.

NIZZLE said:
Where might one find some of these Oerbier's?

Distributed by B United so pretty easy to find. Not a big seller so lots of older bottles out there. If you find older stille nacht I'll buy any you don't.

If you don't find any de Dolle, I'll add to the false bottom box. Looks like I'll need that for 55 gallon drum so when I get details I can send you money for the sheet.

FermentNEthinG said:
Yessir, it is a Pays Du Soleil. I thought I would try it out since it calls to me every time I wander into that store.

Drinking a bunch of these the last few days as well. Tastes great with this heat we have been enjoying the last week.

Saint Somewhere makes some pretty good beers, all of which are open fermented and bottled with brett. Pretty amazing to see his distro, being pretty much a one person operation in a garage rental unit. Be sure to keep your thumb on the cage while you take it off, those corks will put your eye out!

Edit: also, pick up Saison Athene, if you can find it. IMO, that's their best beer

Whaaaaaaaaaa????? HB Honey liqueur? Like Barenjager??? Recipe??

more like a cordial. this is from the book Cordials From Your Kitchen (which is awesome, by the way).

ingredients:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups honey (obviously, your favorite type)
1 1/4 cups brandy

Make a simple syrup by bringing sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. When clear, remove from heat and let stand until just warm. Combine syrup, honey, and brandy in a clean 1 quart container. Cover and shake vigorously to blend. (I used a mason jar). This will produce foam on the top as traces of beeswax present in the honey are released. Skim off foam & discard. Cover and let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before serving. Yield: Approx. 1 Quart

Back