purely academic question about distillation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottab

Reaction score
I don't have the equipment and don't plan on getting the equipment so here is what i am asking....

I've been watching moonshiners on discovery and saw an episode where they were making scotch shine. They started by germinating barley then smoking the germ. Afterwards they mashed, fermented, and distilled. So minus the distillation part it would seem the process is pretty much the same as making beer minus the hops.

So if a person was to make an high gravity ale without adding the hops then was to fractionally condense the resulting brew would this approximately be considered the same? Again this question is purely academic since i do not plan on ever doing this or any other form of distillation but just curious about the science.

Perhaps your question would be better phrased in a manner regarding freeze concentration (a subject the admin has agreed to allow). Academic or not, we aren't going to discuss distillation here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back