• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Small 40L kegs for sale/Trade Philly area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodgertown

Reaction score
I acquired these a little while ago in a deal. I was trading them with someone till they backed out of the deal.
They have a different type of tap on them, it's some sort of european tap. There's a pic.
i'd Like
1) propane burner
2) Cornies and /or taps
3) Other kegs
4) Ingredients
5) anything that has to do with home brew
6) Cash

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Well, i'd be more then willing to try one of those taps. How many would you be interested in? Buy or barter?

If you have three, I would consider taking all of them. I'd prefer to buy since I am pretty happy with the amount of home brewing equipment I have currently.

Graduate Hospital. I can meet you anywhere though. My afternoon is full, but I'll be available all day tomorrow and Sunday. PM me your phone number and we can figure out how to connect.

Hmmmm... upon further investigation, I think we're talking about different things. The kegs you have uses an A type coupler with this type of coupler with the spear in the keg similar to a Sankey.

The one I have actually has the spear connected to the tap/faucet mechanism. When you want to tap the bear, you jam the long pipe all the way to the bottom of the keg then lock down the part that looks like a huge wing nut. Does anyone else know of kegs that still exist with this type of tap/spear assembly? My dad said he nabbed it from a party in the sixties, so some of you old farts might have seen them before.

What tipped me off is that the A type has a completely round couple on the keg, whereas my tap has little tabs that the giant wing nut holds on to.

Back