Adding coffee to already kegged beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elproducto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tapped my Smoked Porter last night, and couldn't help think how great it would be with coffee.

Anyone ever add cold-steeped coffee to an already kegged beer?

It would be the same principle as backsweetening a cider or adding extract flavor to beer bottles.

Just make some strong coffee "concentrate" then add it to the keg and give it several light swirls with your mash paddle/long spoon.

As far as how much to add......start small, give it a taste, then add to taste.

I've added coffee to the bottling bucket, but I don't see why this wouldn't work going into a keg. I cold brew coffee one day prior to bottling. I add .50 lb of medium crushed Sumatran coffee (Sumatran beans don't have whatever some beans have that adds that bitter flavor in coffee) to 3 cups of cold water. (boil water first then let it cool) Set in fridge for a day, then filter out the grinds and add cold coffee to bottling bucket.

Another idea (from basic brewing radio) buy some espresso flavoured vodka and add it to the keg. Van gogh espresso vodka is mighty tasty!

Latest posts

Back