Good ingredient kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate88237

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been doing some research and am going to start turning some water into wine! I have all the fermenting equipment from my homebrewing. Does anyone have suggestions for a relatively easy, inexpensive, and tasty ingredient kit? Thanks for the input!

I've seen a couple of Cornupocia kits on amazon that are relatively cheap with good reviews. Has anyone tried these kits? Thoughts?

When shopping for kits......shipping charges can vary widely.

You can make some really nice fruit wines quite inexpensively if you want to start with minimal expense.

This place here is about the cheapest place I have found when ordering on the net. Shipping is only $20 for a kit and if you sign up you get a 10% discount, on top of that if you go with the wines of the month they are sale and it ends up negating the shipping costs.

http://www.finevinewines.com/

Hi all,

I've been doing some research and am going to start turning some water into wine! I have all the fermenting equipment from my homebrewing. Does anyone have suggestions for a relatively easy, inexpensive, and tasty ingredient kit? Thanks for the input!

A lot of people laugh at it, but I'd do a full size batch of welches red concentrate and treat it like a juice kit.

mixing, pre pitching sulphate rest, acid testing, camden additions at racking, stabilizing and corking.
Even if you buy a kit before the end you'll always be a couple steps ahead experience wise with the cheap ($20 not counting chemicals and test stuff) stuff.

I've been brewing for a couple of years and I've not made a decent red without spending £40 ish on a good 30 bottle concentrate kit. Beaverdale or kenridge are good. Make sure u degass properly as it was a major step forward for me. I made some elderflower bubbly that works, but I'm still learning how to make a good blackberry etc. Apfelwein, alerted per and wow didn't come out well for me . The dried fruit ingredient kits I tried were ok for white but didn't cut it for red. All the advice I got was that quality ingredients count with red. No short cuts. Suggest u try a beaverdale 6 bottle merlot, leave it in the bottle for 3 months, then try a 30 bottle kit.

Back