raspberry lambic recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumike102

Reaction score
Hey there,

Well over the weekend I went to the vermont pub and brewery where I encountered a beer they called there forbidden fruit. IT was raspberry flavor with a sour taste to it. I tryed to get a growler but they wouldnt sell one becuase of its higher alcohol content which i thought was crazy seeing as it is only 6.2%alc by vol. Was wondering if anyone else had tried this beer and if anyone knew a recipe for it. After some research i am thinking it may be a lambic brew. This kinda discourages me as I have read a few recipes and they all call for really long fermenting times. Can anyone offer any help to my predicament here? I loved the beer and so did a friend of mine so I'd like to brew something similar. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

I have done a beer with a sour mash before then added fruit puree to the secondary, I don't know what this recipe tastes like, but you could experiment with that. Just get an all grain recipe and mash for a day or two, you know when it is done when it starts to smell funky and sour.

Mine came out well, in my opinion, not really to style, but many of my friends didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back