So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first one was golden & pretty good. It was my PM version of the BYO recipe. I made some changes in BS2 & changed the yeast. WY3638 is said to give the bubblegum esters the beer was known for. I should get the color nailed this time as well. We'll see...:mug:

In the boil of my winter warmer while it's about 87 outside with what feels like 100% humidity! Boil smells of fabulous fresh ginger and cinnamon.

Just finished brewing up an all Centennial IPA.. love this stuff!

Also kegged an amber ale with homegrown hops for flavor/aroma. Can't wait to try it

Not really brewing but I'm making a 5 gallon batch of white zin this weekend

Also going to make a vanilla oatmeal stout

Gonna bottle some riesling and keg my cream ale a lend peach cider

Just put 5 gallons of a "whatever I had laying around" brew into a fermenter.

Going to brew my third batch of Brandon O's graff. The firs two are about gone. This one I'm using Crystal 120L and probably Glacier hops.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ill be brewing Monday. Redo of my 1st all grain attempt with horrible efficiantcy and no back up plan.... now i have some dme on standby just in case and learned from mistakes

10 gallons of APA. Starting a single- hop series with these.

Only first wort and whirlpool hops.

95% pale malt, 5% crystal 40.

1.050 OG

~40 IBUs, half from each addition.

WLP051

5gal of White Mountain IPA. 4 different types of hops! Used a colander and a funnel filter for the first time. It was a pain, but well worth it! would have been A LOT of trub!

photo-19.jpg

Teaching my neighbor to brew. His first batch. Gave him recipe rights and... Sigh... We're brewing a Hefe. Not hating just not my usual IPA favorites. Still happy to pop another brewing cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No brew but I did keg a RyePA and bottle a peach farmhouse. 6.56% and 8.12% respectively.

Sent from my magic box, using only my thumbs.

Brewed the third iteration of my oatmeal stout Thursday. It's getting better with each brew. And just finished up brewing a resinous IPA with LOTS of CTZ and Summit. It's been a good weekend!:rockin:

My dumb a$$ made my starter last night... well was a bit drunk and made a mess trying then passed out before it got cool enough to pitch the yeast in the starter. looks like I am having an after work brew day tomorrow.

Brewed my yearly birthday RIS yesterday. Got up to 1.095 this year, but only just because efficiency kept me away from target 1.105. It is bubbling away already downstairs. The second stout from those grains also bubbling and seems happy.

Brewed five gallons of saison today with a friend of mine. First time brewing in more than two years and it went really well. Probably in my top 3 brewday in about a hundred batches, which means I'm sure the beer will turn out infected.

OG was 10 points higher than expected due to double milling and collecting an extra gallon of wort, so my saison de table became a regular saison. I also got to use my new 15 gallon kettle and it is SWEET. Next purchase is a 10 gallon mashtun and I'll be set for doing double batches of my session beers.

Brewed a Pumpkin Ale. Never had a stuck sparge before. Never say never I guess. Next time more rice hulls!!
Came out slightly higher SG than my recipe so all worked out in the end.
My deck smelled like pumpkin pie. :D

Putting my Best Bitter 60/40 in polypins and bottles, and then brewing/repitching into an Old Ale that'll get finished in secondary for a year or so w/ Brett C

Glad i had lid on kettle... dont drape hose over kettle heat shield and leave it on... burned a hole in hose and shot water up 3 stories lol.. im soaked but still brewimg

Planning another IPA using cascade, citra and tomahawk. Recipe input would be appreciated:
5 gallon batch:

5.00 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 1 86.0 %
0.54 kg Carafoam (3.9 EBC) Grain 2 9.3 %
0.27 kg Biscuit Malt (45.3 EBC) Grain 3 4.7 %
30.00 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 4 44.3 IBUs
20.00 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 7.0 min Hop 5 7.9 IBUs
50.00 g Citra [12.00 %] - Boil 2.0 min Hop 6 5.4 IBUs
80.00 g Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 7 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg British Ale Yeast (Wyeast Labs #1098) [124.21 ml] Yeast 8 -
50.00 g Citra [12.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 9 0.0 IBUs
50.00 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
20.00 g Cascade [5.50 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 11 0.0 IBUs

Gravity, Alcohol Content and Color

Est Original Gravity: 1.065 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.017 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 6.3 %
Bitterness: 57.6 IBUs
Est Color: 12.7 EBC

Measured Original Gravity: 1.046 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 4.7 %
Calories: 427.1 kcal/l

If I e recovered sufficiently from some fairly extensive dental surgery Thursday AM I hope to brew a clone of New Albion w/ their yeast from WL.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am brewing a Saturday morning hangover away this weekend after acquiring some free Muntons DME... I just need to find some easy recipes as I am in the process of getting back into the hobby with partial mashing. Have a bunch of fresh spices to use too. Can't wait. Sadly, the work week is long. Come on casual Friday...

I just bought the ingredients for an ESB at lunch. I also got another fermenter. I think I'll do a small batch of cyser while I'm at it.

Back