Beginner brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryHobbitBrewing

Reaction score
Hey guys, just looking for some feedback! I recently just brewed my first batch of home brew. Its a cream ale extract kit from northern brewer. I am looking to get into all grain brewing what all grain kit or all grain beer would you recommend a starter?

Any American pale ale is a nice starter recipe. But really, it doesn't matter which recipe to go for with all grain. Its just having the right equipment. The specific recipe can be the same for extract vs all grain, just little to zero extract...
Do you have a cooler setup or are you BIAB?

I have about a week or so before my cream ale is ready to rack, but i think i will be making a cooler wash tun, i havent read much about BIAB but i figure if i dont like how the wash tun works and i already have one made i dont have to shell out the money later! I have be doing some research on how to make the wash tun so thats taken care of!

Unless you have your LHBS or online place mill your grain, you'll need something to do that as well. I know some people who prefer to mill it themselves because of a certain crush they like to work with. As far as what to brew, your possibilities are pretty much endless for AG, just pick your favorite and go for it.

Yeah i have a LHBS about four blocks from my place! As i know the possibilities are endless what i want is a american amber crossed with an IPA to finish it off! Does anyone think this is too much complications right off the bat?

Just did a search for a hoppy american amber and found this I'm sure you can find other recipes too, just use the search for the style you're after.

Latest posts

Back