Cleaning/Polishing Stainless Steel Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppopotomus

Cedar Hollow Brewing
Reaction score
I am in the process of accumulating the materials to build a HERMS system. The first step is hunting down 15.5 gallon stainless steel kegs. I placed an ad on CL and have gotten numerous responses. Most are in terrible shape, but a couple are just dirty with light scratches, etc. I have looked through the threads at 100's of different brewing rigs and many people have done an exceptional job with cleaning up and polishing their kegs. What is the best way to clean and buff the exterior of the kegs, so they look nice. I want to purchase the kegs first and get a jump on cutting the tops out, cleaning/ buffing/polishing, then installing site glasses/thermometers/valves/etc. Once I have the kegs, I will then design the stand and make it my winter project. Any advice on the best way to clean up old, used kegs to get them looking decent would be great. Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back