What web hosting company do you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I need to renew my hosting account (3 domains), and currently use IXWebHosting.com. They are OK, but not excellent. What web hosting companies do you use....and more important, are you satisfied with their service?

I have used Bluehost.com and they are very helpful.

They have a great control panel to mange your services.

easy to install different CMS like drupal or wordpress.
Check them out.
T

I don't see Microsoft SQL Server or ASP.NET listed as their availble services. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I have one site that runs on PHP/MySQL and another that runs .NET/SQL Server.

I've used GoDaddy and HostMonster.

GoDaddy doesn't work so well with international email, especially from China.

Switched to HostMonster and have had no problems.

+1 on bluehost.com Only prob is you have to send them a scan of your DL to get shell access. PITA

I wanted to like dreamhost, those guys are funny as hell but the reliability of their servers has gone down the tubes.

I use Hostrocket. They are pretty good. Only issues I've really had have been some email outages. It has gotten much better in the last 2 years though.

You need to check on hostgator -- incredibly cheap and very good service ..

we have their most expensive service, and that is only $13/month

I currently use CrystalTech for my ASP.Net hosting. Before them I used to use LunarPages for PHP. I only left LP because I found affoardable .Net hosting. I'm happy with both services, but the control panel on the CrystalTech shared plans are slow (You dont use IIS, it's some front end).

I used goDaddy, but they wouldn't install key software updates in a timely fashion, so I switched to calpop. They have done an excellent job.

Back