Maui Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
I went to the Maui Brewing Co brewery/tasting room last week (not the brew-pub... after reading enough mediocre reviews of the food, and not wanting to waste a vacation meal on mediocre food, and having a personal pet peeve about breweries that serve great beer and crappy food, I decided to hit the tasting room instead). The brewery does tours fri/sat, I was there on a thurs, so I just tasted. They have 5 taps, it's $1 per 2 oz taste (or you can buy pints and growlers). 3 of the 5 were there canned beers that you can get everywhere (blond, ipa, wheat). The 4th was an imperial coconut porter that was a 1-time brew (based on their normal coconut porter) for a festival entry and it was AWESOME - they used cocoa nibs in it and it gave it just the right kick of chocolate. I loved it. The 5th was a belgian-style summer ale, lots of clove from the yeast.

All in all, nothing spectacular, but a fun quick stop between trips (or stay longer and have a pint!). The host was very knowledgeable and fun to talk to.

Latest posts

Back