MD Fall Brewday -Nov 14th, Joppa MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14th should work for me. Day after my birthday, I should get to do what I want. If the date is going to change please make it happen soon though, I gotta plan out far in advance around that time.

What's everyone brewing? I haven't read most of this thread.

I'm thinking about brewing an extract Bud light lime clone. :rockin:

Cool by me Wes. Any preference on which style?

I'm leaning a little heavier towards Schwarzbier. Jen's been itching for something like Sam Adams Black Lager.

Whichever we end up doing I'll probably make the other style on my own soon after.

Cool by me. I have a huge slug of wyeast bock yeast, so I will "freshen" it up with a vienna on my own prior to brew day.

Since I have not yet done a Schwartz, do you just want to play it safe and do Jamil's?

Cool by me. I have a huge slug of wyeast bock yeast, so I will "freshen" it up with a vienna on my own prior to brew day.

Since I have not yet done a Schwartz, do you just want to play it safe and do Jamil's?

His recipe looks easy enough, I'm down with it. I'll poke around a bit and keep an eye out for alternates.

FYI since the md brewday is a typical cluster f I would try not doing a decoction and rely on aromatic or meladoiden malts

2 hours??? that seems a bit slow for our usual brew day - but then again you showed up fairly late and we never cracked that Lithuanian mead.

I'm going to hold onto it for next brewday.

Hey, cut me some slack, I was pacing myself. Don't forget I was supposed to be the DD who got me and my wife to the family reunion.

Next brew day I'll make sure to get tanked in the first 45 minutes :D

I think I showed up sloppy last time. I will make a better drinking appearence next time

last time was rough! I remember leaving, and look at the thermo (at like 5 pm) and it was 103.... in November it wont be over 100! that means we can all drink more!

Alos, next 100 degree brewday, we need to not all bring stouts and porters!

just an idea there :)

You could try to convince Jen to work on it...
... if I can ever get her to make an appearance on a thread

My buddy slacked and then went on a long vacation. He emailed me this week saying he was almost done with it

Back