Winter Seasonal Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much anything dark and or strong. Imperial Stout (or pretty much any stout besides Dry Irish), Porter, Wee Heavy, Barleywine, Doppelbock, Belgian Strong Dark, Dubble, Weizenbock, etc… I also like to do a big super hoppy IPA once the new hop harvest comes in, and I drink sours pretty much year round.

The problem with most big beer is that they need some time to mellow, so get brewing soon if you want to be drinking it this winter.

I have two fresh hop beers coming on at the end of the month and a stout that I have been aging that I'll probably put on in the winter, and a little wee heavy batch that is still in primary. I know I'm going to do a coconut porter and probably a pils, but I am trying to think of a nice winter seasonal to work in there, maybe an ale along the lines of Ebenezer, Jubel Ale or Wassail. I am curious if anyone has a proven recipe that they have liked before for that type of thing.

Back