Hershey Squirts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundaybrewingco

Reaction score
So, come Saturday morning, after having about 12 of my homebrew beers (and my buddy having the other 12) on Friday night, we both woke up in the morning with, for kindness sake, the "Hershey Squirts". :drunk:

Is this common with homebrewed beer? Also, will this happen every time I consume a lot of homebrew?

I'd be puking if I drank that much. Even a few beers can upset my digestive system.

If it's young beer, it might have too much yeast or sugar or something. Some people claim that drinking it too young can do this too them. Or did you use Ex-Lax as an anti-foaming agent again?

Mudbutt;)

Your body probably just isnt used to such beer goodnes!

Read all about it here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/got-runs-my-homebrew-109616/

That's really not a good thread to link to, since the OP was all convinced he got a "yeast infection" meaning candida, from his beer, and and another got all pissy because we were correcting some other guys mis-information...

Honestly your body will adapt to living beers, and it won't be an issue, unless you slam a dozen of them down, that much b-12 and yeast would give anyone the runs.....Besides, killing off a quarter of my batch of beer in one system, alsow seems like a waste of my good beer for a cheap buzz....as well as a waste of my time and money, including waiting for it to age....to have it pissed (and shat) away in one short period.

Thanks. I figured that much... Now I just need to convince people (esp. SWMBO) that 1 beer will not give you a fierce case of diarrhea...

After about the first year and a half of drinking homebrew my system got so adjusted to it, that I pretty much also stopped gettig "yeast farts" every time I drink it. It happens on occasion, but it's rare. Your system will adjust.

Unless you have an allergy to yeast (or don't over do it,)) your system will adjust to the live cultures in there.....Drinking homebrew is like eating Yogurt, or any other living "food." It takes a little adjusting.

It's really the oligosaccharides that account for the stomach discomfort and liqui-poo. Pounding 12 HBs in the course of an evening isn't exactly giving your body a chance to adjust there, homie.

A little restraint next time. ;)

Yeah, I know! 12 was a bit much... But we were tailgaiting all day down at the Philadelphia Phillies game on Friday, so I guess they beers just kept added up over the course of the afternoon / night!

Pre-mud butt shot (Beer #1 - around 2:30PM)

3501471628_b56e0e6592.jpg

I'd have to say drinking a lot of any beer will give ya the mud,but When your getting used to living beer is a whole other thing.I used to make some lethal dutch ovens.Almost caused a divorce!

I'd have to say drinking a lot of any beer will give ya the mud,but When your getting used to living beer is a whole other thing.I used to make some lethal dutch ovens.Almost caused a divorce!

Hahaha. Oh man. Dutch Ovens rule! :rockin:

Well there's your problem, improper glassware! ;)

I know :( My buddy took the case of homebrew the night before to chill in the cooler. I asked him to bring glasses... of course when we get down there I see him bust out red Silo cups. I say, "Where are the glasses" and he complained about them breaking and said "These are better". He got a ball-tap for bringing the red Silo cups.

From the picture it looks like you're pretty far from the stadium. You know with all that walking you could have 'Jarred' something loose or loosen the spackle in your digestive tract. Next time park closer to the stadium and get yourself one of those Power Chairs. That way you can avoid disrupting your digestive tract.

OR...

Pound a 1lb block of Sharp Cheddar before you go to bed. Natures Cork!!!

From the picture it looks like you're pretty far from the stadium. You know with all that walking you could have 'Jarred' something loose or loosen the spackle in your digestive tract. Next time park closer to the stadium and get yourself one of those Power Chairs. That way you can avoid disrupting your digestive tract.

Yeah we were pretty far from the stadium. That night, The Dead were playing at the Spectrum for the last ever show... so it was a crazy scene down there. We ended up tailgaiting with some Dead Heads who had an RV and some tents set up, so we couldn't say no to that (didn't have to wait in line to use the port-o-john)

I dunno about you guys, but I get "beer sh*ts" if i drink 12 of anything!

That's what I'm thinking. Alcohol wrecks up my system if I get to that point. Diarrhea sounds pretty normal. I wouldn't chalk it up to homebrew.

Latest posts

Back