Philly Area Yeast Harvesters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Junior

Reaction score
So I am considering upping to a conical for single vessel fermentation. I hate splitting my batches between two buckets/carboys. I know there are alot of people that enjoy this for different experimental reasons, but I simply hate it.

What I am wondering is if anyone in/around Philly uses a conical and if they do yeast harvesting using a tri-clover sight glass. Morebeer sells it as a "yeast harvester" but its ultimately the same thing we use at work to monitor flow and fuel quality.

I am just worried that if I hook one of those up to the dump(post trub dump) the pressure coming down on it will blow the glass and I will have 15 gallons of beer on my floor.

I have tried to find full "first wort to final beer" tutorials on youtube, but to no luck.

I ferment in 15G poly conicals with tri-clover sight glass- the glass is pretty thick and there isn't any excess pressure in the conical as it is not that tight to begin with, and I have the conical vented through the thermowell going through the lid.

Back