I would like to make beer out of the cheaper canned malt extracts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskaBushBrewer

Reaction score
looking for a source online of recipes that can be made from the cheaper canned syrups such as dark, amber, light ext, IE: 1 can dark malt, add 1 lb amber DME and how much sugar and hops will make what type of beer? I'm 4 batches in, just looking for simple recipes that don't involve a multitude of ingredients(just the basics) so i can brew a variety of beers cheaper than Coopers type beer kits. Shipping to Alaska is expensive and I would like to keep my cost less than half compared to buying beer off the shelf. Any pointers would be great.

I will assume you have no LHBS so everything you buy gets shipped? If so my experience is buying everything ala carte and shipping is more expensive than a put together kit, especially extract brewing. If you go all grain there is a lot of saving to be had. Go to an online site and price all the different items out from a batch you already ddid and you'll see it will cost you more seperately

I can get 3 lbs bags of DME, hops ext, just need simple recipes for the cheaper cans that Ill purchase on amazon

The best thing to do is Google "malt extract beer recipes" there are tons of recipes out there on various sites, this one included, you just have to read through them and try and match up the ingredients to your availability or make substitutions, there are plenty of people here who can help you with that.

Back