Brewlab yeast slants available

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill2penn

Reaction score
I thought this might be of interest to other yeast ranchers.
Brewlab is a company in England which, in addition to providing classes on various aspects of brewing, carries a number of brewing yeasts, especially British yeast. They will ship to the USA and take Paypal as payment. The price of a good sized slant of yeast is £3.50 English pounds and it costs about £5.00 English pounds for postage to the USA. I've purchased several of their strains including Thames Valley 3, East Midlands 1, Somerset 1, and Yorkshire 2. I've been impressed with them so far
I've put their information on my website if others would like to look at it here
http://micrap.selfip.com:81/brewlabinfo.pdf
You can email them at [email protected]
I have no financial (or other) affiliation with the company. Just thought others would find it interesting.
Bill

The price of each slant of yeast is £3.50 English pounds. It cost me an additional £5.00 English pounds for postage to the USA for FOUR slants. (Thats a total cost of £19.00 English pounds for four slants shipped to the door). I don't know how much less it would be if you only wanted one slant, or how much more it would be for more than four. But Brewlab only charges for the postage, no additional handling charges even though they have to fill out a big customs form and associated letter.
Bill

So, you're looking at almost $30 for 4 slants (as of today). $7.50 each, not too bad really, if they're strains we can't get in the US.

BTW, it may just be me but I can't get your link to work.

Back