Finished Pumpkin Ale Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the completed bottle. The guy at my LHBS suggested I seal them with wine bottle wax. I think they turned out pretty nice. These will make great gifts.

2967-FinishedPumpkinAleBottle.jpg

looks very good.. kinda makes me not want to open it though cause it looks so nice.. haha

anyone tried using wax with those ezcap bottles? I am giving 8 out for christmas, and wanted to dress it up a bit..

aekdbbop said:
looks very good.. kinda makes me not want to open it though cause it looks so nice.. haha

anyone tried using wax with those ezcap bottles? I am giving 8 out for christmas, and wanted to dress it up a bit..

LHBS?

I personally had never heard of sealing a bottle with wax until you did it and I looked it up.....it just never occured to me.....Also I would agree, it gives it a very refined look......

aekdbbop said:

I'm thinking that some folks won't open them (their loss) and will keep them for display.

What is an ezcap bottle? I would think you could do this with any type of bottle. You would remove the wax before opening a bottle with a twist off cap.

RichBrewer said:
LHBS = Local Home Brew Store. :mug:

Wow, I should have known that.....I'm so use to dealing on the internet because all we have is the local micro.......and thier stuff is really expensive so I don't even think of them.......

For EZCap bottles I use foils or heat shrink wine caps. The wax sticks to the gasket to much for my taste.:rockin:

Back